Sunday 28 December 2008

Jews and Christians, Fags and Forests - down the plughole, the lot of ya


Can’t believe I am harping on about the Pope again, but his Christmas message did call for peace in the Holy Land after the truce ended last month. Nobody’s listening sweetie – those damned Israelis killed 271 Palestinians yesterday – two days after your Christmas invocation.

In fact, Pope Benedict is offering a Christmas Day solution to the ills of financial meltdown, war and poverty: global solidarity rather than self interest. And that is consistent with another of his messages is it? … save the world from fags. Yeah .. he said that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour was just as important as saving the world’s rainforests from destruction. That was only one week before. Global solidarity? He’s good.

What he seems to have overlooked is the call to take over from where his Fuhrer left off – if he put us all in the gas chambers he could reduce the demand on the world’s resources by anything up to 10% in one foul swoop …thereby saving humanity from homosexual …. rainforests …. blah blah blah.

Went to Hacko last night at about 1.00 after watching four episodes of Jonathon Harvey’s Beautiful People which Simon sent me. It’s good. He’s good. Well there wasn’t really anyone at Hacko I wanted to talk to and I was quite happy just to sit there and drink about the world. I did move to the bar cos it got cold leaning against the external wall. Some chap started talking to me or trying to – terribly drunk, I think. The first thing he told me was that he was Jewish (how many Palestinians killed yesterday?). Oh, and straight. And happily married. And kept massaging my fingers and even raised them to his lips to kiss them a couple of times. I think. And we left together in Pan Neumann’s taxi. At my place I said you’re welcome, but I am not forcing you and eventually he instructed Mr Taxi to drive on. That was good given how drunk we both were, but in a soberer, monotheistic and monosexual world, I’d’ve had him like a shot. I did dream about him this morning - staying in a hotel in a large group and we almost got to share a room, but I mixed up his name. Karel, no Adam - how Genesis. He was absolutely lovely, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've got something to say ...