Sunday 8 December 2013

It consumed me too

Deserved winner of many awards. A masterpiece.


I just had an email who pointed out that this little film is a rip off of Tom Tykwer's film True. The info on TT's website says that the project stalled. Not the project Paris, Je t'aime. I saw this project and I don't remember True in it, but Wikipedia assures me it's there. I was surprised that this film dealt with a wide range of loves, but there was not one gay in the village. 

Maybe Tykwer created a new "genre" that It's consuming me employs. As they say, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It often happens in art that the works created by the inventor of a genre are not as good as those which are made in its image and I think It's consuming me is a stronger, snappier and sharper exemplar of this genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've got something to say ...