Sunday 1 November 2009

Mezipatra 2009

This week has been Mezipatra week and I must say it was much better for me this year than last. A good mix of nice films and tough films and art films. The highlight of the whole festival was Weak Species, quietly terrifying teenage drama in which the arrogant straight dies and the two gay boys, who hate themselves and are not fond of each other, seem to end up happily ever after. For me, that was the punchline of the film tho there's a lot more to it than that. It's based on the novel Closer and some poems by Dennis Cooper, if I am not mistaken.

The closing party was last night and a surprisingly large number of people I not only know, but like, were there. However, there weren't that many people there at all and conspicuous by their absence was youth. Where were they and what failed to motivate their presence? The show was rubbish and even the DJing at the bar wasn't what I'd hoped. I was in a dancing mood - even had my black trainers on and my black and white shirt billowing. Alas ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've got something to say ...